ColBra (aka Colby Melvin and Brandon Brown) love to play in their underwear, get political, and do crazy things like officiate their relationship for the world to see. They apparently also like to cook on camera.. The Andrew Christian models, who together are one of our favorite underwear couples, has partnered with us for a special Valentine’s Day surprise.
That said, in the first ever cooking segment on The Underwear Expert in honor of Valentine’s Day, ColBra whips up a lover’s delight and walks you through every step of the way. Pop the champagne, get your best Julia Childs impersonation ready, and watch as ColBra whip up a Bubbly Shrimp Pasta in The Underwear Expert’s first-ever ColBra Cooking Show. Watch the video and check out the full list of ingredients and recipe below!
6 oz linguini pasta (can be substituted with pasta of your choice)
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes
2 tbs capers
1lb medium / large shrimp
1.5 cups champagne
2 tbs minced shallots
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
Fresh Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted water for 6 to 8 minutes, drain but do not rinse!
- Meanwhile, heat oil over high heat in a large deep skillet. Cook tomatoes, capers and shallots in oil until tender, and set aside.
- Add shrimp to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Add champagne and cook over medium heat. Boil until liquid is reduced by about 1/3rd (appx. 8 minutes).
- Add shallots, capers and tomatoes back to the pan.
- Stir in heavy cream and crushed red pepper; simmer until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss hot, cooked pasta with sauce to serve, and top with shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Video Credit: Hawk the World Productions