No products in the cart.
Brandon Brown is back with another mouth-watering installment of Cooking With ColBra! With Colby Melvin hard at work talking underwear with guys on the street for Boxers or Briefs, Brandon cooks with the couple’s friend and very special guest star Rhea Litré. You may remember Rhea from her wild photo shoot with Colby on the streets of New York City.
It’s always a party in the ColBra kitchen, and this edition is no exception. Brandon and Rhea start by blending up some frozen piña coladas to sip while they prepare their banana cream pies (natch). Brandon’s kitchen also comes with an underwear-only dress code, which both he and Rhea follow dutifully. Brandon shows off the gold waistband of his Jam underwear, which somehow coordinates perfectly with Rhea’s cow-print apron.
Banana cream pie is just one of those treats we always thought would be just too messy and complex to make at home. But oh, were we wrong! From watching Brandon and Rhea, it’s not only completely doable but a total blast! We’re pretty sure everything would be more fun if Brandon Brown joined in wearing his underwear (including, well… everything), but for now we’ll stick to the pies.
Check out Brandon and Rhea’s fun-filled demonstration, and follow the simple recipe below to try it out at home!
SHOP Jam Underwear, available at Freshpair.com.
Graham Cracker Coconut Crusts:
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sweetened toasted shredded coconut
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Rockin’ Banana Cream Pie Filling:
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- A pinch of kosher salt
1. Fill you cupcake pan with liners and heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut, and sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until it’s an even crumb consistency. Add melted butter.
3. Place 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crust mixture into the bottoms of each cupcake liner. Use the bottom of a shot glass or small bottle to press mixture into the cups. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Place 2 pealed bananas and all other ingredients in your food processor or blender and process to a smooth creamy consistency. Pour mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
5. Slice the remaining banana and place as many slices as needed to cover the bottom of each pie crust. Pour banana cream filling to fill liner all the way up. Now put these in the fridge for 2-4 hours to set.
6. Drizzle caramel sauce and whipped cream right before serving, and don’t forget a batch of BRB’s Banana Mudslides to go along with them!!
Makes 12 cupcake pies
Hair/Makeup: Kyan Loredo